Connect Community Rules & Etiquette and NAAHP Website Terms
Thank you for your interest and involvement in the association. To ensure the best possible experience for everyone, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
As a participant in the NAAHP Connect communities, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions, shared files and other shared content for topics related to the field of health professions advising and NAAHP, Inc. The communities are a great platform to network with colleagues, seek advice, and participate in ongoing conversations. Questions and assistance can be found on the Help/FAQs page alongside contact information for further guidance.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. In order to preserve an environment that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate anyone’s involvement in a community who violates these rules.
- Respect others. Focus on the content of posts and not on the people making them. Please extend the benefit of the doubt to newer guests and members; there’s no such thing as a stupid question. Offer assistance and guidance when you see the opportunity to help.
- Respect the purpose of the community. Use the community to share resources, ask questions, share advice, give constructive feedback, and engage in networking. Do not promote products or services in a community unless the community is specifically for such a purpose. Be sure to read community descriptions for what is considered appropriate content and information to post.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the discussion groups and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want everyone to potentially see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Respect intellectual property. Post content that you have personally created or have permission to use and have properly attributed to the content creator.
- When posting items in our collaborative environment, please indicate if the item is not available for reuse. It’s also advisable to contact the owner of any material if you would like to reuse it.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities. This helps ensure all messages receive the best response by eliminating irrelevant posts.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject. AVOID LENGTHY SUBJECT TITLES.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals via private message by using the "Reply to Sender" link available in every discussion post. Otherwise, your “thank you” will be sent to all community members.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the group. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new email address. Contact the NAAHP National Office to have your email changed in your profile.
NAAHP’s Responsibility and Right as a Provider
This site is provided as a service for the members and community participants of NAAHP Connect. NAAHP, Inc. is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by NAAHP, Inc. or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall NAAHP, Inc. be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants NAAHP, Inc. and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
Postings should not be used to promote one’s institution, academic program, or services in a way that aligns with advertising and marketing promotions. Such posts are discouraged and considered inappropriate within communities. Users are to follow the appropriate channels for where to share this kind of information such as: event calendar submissions, eBlasts, advertising opportunities with NAAHP, or position announcement listings.
NAAHP, Inc. is actively involved in this website and any inappropriate postings will be subject to the appropriate action. NAAHP, Inc. reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.