Thomas F. Frist, Jr. College of Medicine at Belmont University is seeking Scientist Educators to be core faculty members within the College of Medicine. As their primary responsibility, the development, delivery, and assessment of a case-based, student-centered curriculum for pre-clinical medical students. These faculty members will collaborate with an inter-professional and interdisciplinary faculty team to develop rich clinical cases that integrate the biomedical, social, and health systems sciences to foster student inquiry, acquisition, and application of knowledge to patient care.
The faculty will be actively engaged as a small-group co-facilitator for the pre-clinical curriculum, provide additional academic support as needed for students, and serve as role-models in support of a positive learning environment, professionalism, and life-long learning. Additionally, faculty will mentor students with special interests in scholarly activity related to their discipline and area of focus.
We are recruiting for the following disciplines:
Pharmacology (Pharm.D. preference)Required Qualifications:
- Belmont University seeks to attract and retain highly qualified faculty and staff that share the University's values and will contribute to its mission and vision to be a leader among teaching universities bringing together the best of liberal arts and professional education in a Christian community of learning and service.
- Develop pre-clinical, integrated clinical cases in collaboration with inter-professional and interdisciplinary pre-clinical faculty teams that meet the course and program level objectives, and the mission and vision of the College of Medicine.
- Serve as a small-group co-leader for pre-clinical medical students to deliver and assess student progress and achievement of case and program objectives.
- Deliver timely and appropriate feedback and assessments to students in support of their continued progress.
- Provide mentoring and guidance for student scholarly activity in their discipline and area of focus.
- Advance their discipline and area of focus through demonstrated scholarly activity.
- Participate on college and university committees in service to the academic community.
- As a role-model, demonstrate professionalism, collegiality, and life-long learning with all members of the academic and clinical community
- Required Education and Experience: Terminal degree (PhD, MD, or Pharm.D.) in applicable field from an accredited university. MDs should be board certified in appropriate specialty area. Applicant should have experience in the teaching and assessment of health professions students; experience in curriculum/case development for undergraduate medical students; experience in the teaching and assessment of undergraduate medical students.
- Experience in curriculum/case development for undergraduate medical students • Experience in the teaching and assessment of undergraduate medical students